Thursday, September 15, 2005

MAX LOSES ANOTHER FRIEND

Today I found out that yet another one of Max's friends in the NICU has passed away. Max spent his first two weeks of life at Swedish Hospital, and we quickly became friends with a wonderful family and their baby Colton. Colton had a very rare genetic disorder but I don't recall there being any associated lifethreatening issue. They had asked for me to stay in touch, but in the midst of the emergency transfer to Children's Hospital, I lost their contact info. So out of the blue today, I had a strong urge to call the hospital and get in touch with the baby's parents. That is when I learned of Colton's passing. As you can imagine, it was devestating and quite shocking to hear such news. They provided amazing support for me during those early crucial weeks, and I will be forever grateful.

No comments: