Wednesday, December 28, 2005

MORE FUN PHOTOS!!!

This is me coming home from the hospital...my very first car ride! I have been transported by helicopter and by ambulance...but never by a car. Pretty exciting! My mom held my hand almost the whole time, which was very reassuring! :)

TUMMY TIME...not again!!! My mom keeps encouraging me to strengthen my neck muscles by putting me in a variety of positions but quite frankly (as you can see by the look on my face), I don't really like "tummy time." But apparently this is really important so I will continue to try. :)

Yummy, these fingers taste sooo good! (Developmentally this is a great sign that I am playing with my fingers so much...so my mom is very excited about this! All I care about though is that finger sucking is fun!!!)
How sweet and cuddly am I? This is me cozying up with my mommy on Christmas morning. What a way to start my day!!!
I absolutely adore my Uncle Jim!!! He is planning all kinds of exciting outdoor adventures for us when I get bigger...hiking, kayaking, climbing...wow, lots of fun awaits us!!! I guess first I need to worry about getting rid of all my tubes and wires! :)
Speaking of FUN adventures, look at me! I am going on my very first outdoors walk! (And how ADORABLE am I in my hat!?!) There was quite a lot of work to get me "mobile" (Mom had to bring the O2 tank, monitors, etc. with us) but we all had so much fun! Thanks everyone for making this happen!
Hope you enjoyed some highlights of my past few days...we have been keeping busy! Today I have my first doctor's visit with my PCP...just like a "normal" baby. Well, except that my mom will be bringing my HUGE medical notebook, xrays, the works...but one good thing is that we don't have to wait. We are not "allowed" to wait with all the other children...because of germs, so I get right in! I guess sometimes my "fragility" can work FOR us. :) We gotta think positive!
Have a great day everyone! We plan to! Well, we didn't have a nurse last night and I kept my mommy busy throughout the night so hopefully she keeps up her good spirits, but I have a feeling she is getting pretty exhausted these days...but fortunately I am super cute and that seems to make up for it. I just throw her my gorgeous smile and she lights up and forgets her sleepless nights!!! :) Off to smile for mom and keep her happy!!! She seems to enjoy me A LOT!!!

1 comment:

RebeccaA said...

Amy,

Thanks for the update. It's clear that Max has a wonderful family - and a super mom! Keep Max chewing on things as it will help when he's able to start feeding therapy.

Take care!
Rebecca
Cameron and Nathan's mom