Tuesday, October 10, 2006

EXCITING GLIMPSE INTO THE FUTURE

Thanks to Cassidy's family, we had an exciting glimpse into the future this weekend! Sweet Cassidy is a four year old CHARGEr, and she no longer needs her walker. YAY CASSIDY! So they gave it to Maxwell. When they offered it, I got very teary eyed. I was soooo excited to even think of Max walking some day! Isn't it funny for a mommy to be this excited about her child using a walker??? :) I know, I know...but I am just thrilled with the thought of him being mobile! I know it will be quite a journey (I'm sure very frustrating at times), but I feel very confident he will get there one day...and we will be walking, walking, walking!

With all of his balance/vestibular/low muscle tone issues, he will certainly get great use of this walker. And look how absolutely adorable he is standing with it! He really, really loves it! He gets this very proud and happy look...incredible! Now obviously he isn't quite ready to use it right now, but he certainly likes to stand there for a moment. Then he gets pretty wobbly and starts to fall.

Seriously, have you ever seen something cuter than this???



















This is so cool! Thanks Cassidy!












Mom, can we try this again tomorrow?

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Max, I can see you using the walker when you are ready. This will be another milestone and we are all here to cheer you on.
GO MIGHTY MAX GO !!!!!
Love,
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I love the last pic, Max! You look like you're saying "You talkin' to me?" LOL.

Way to go, big man!

Diane said...

I have never seen a cuter boy in all my days. If I didn't already know it, I wouldn't have any idea he had anything wrong with him. He is so cute, smart and all the good things that create a child. Yes, you can see he is one happy little guy. He amazes me on how much he can learn so fast. He will be using that walker before we know it.

I would love to send Max a gift for Christmas Amy. Please email me at dianehensley2@charter.net and tell me his size in clothes and what toy would benefit him. Thanks so much.

Love,
Diane and Alex

Diane said...

Oh, and your address. Thanks again.

Love,
Diane

Dylan and Family said...

Oh WOW Amy~

You were right, these are amazing photos!

Can you get any cuter Max? Especially in that last one and you look so BIG BOY standing! I can't wait until you start using that walker. I'm sure Mommy will take loads of pictures.

What a wonderful and very generous gift from Cassidy.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

(tears in my eyes) I just love these photos..This looks so promising. I will be there holding a Monkey in my Arms waiting for you Maxwell.. Sorry I so Late just catching up on blogs. I love these latest pictures. You are so dreamy Maxwell..Should we say Dr. Dreamy Monkeyboy Maxwell...

Love ya kiddo..
Ang