Friday, November 24, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Thanksgiving was lots of fun! We went to a friend's house for dinner and everyone was so impressed with all my progress.

I crawled (commando style) around for everyone and then I even did a few crawls on my hands and knees with my head up! WOW! I got a lot of praise for that!

Last year I was in the hospital recovering from heart surgery. Mom, Grammy, Uncle Jim, Aunt Eliz, and my cousins had turkey dinner at the Ronald McDonald house. They had to eat in their room because some of them were sick and they couldn't risk getting any of the other families sick. It was an interesting holiday last year, that's for sure.

We have decided for now on, we will celebrate holidays OUT of the hospital. It's much better being at home with friends and family.

Mommy and I are very thankful this year for the wonderful new friends we have made locally and across the country. Your love and support have helped us tremendously through some very difficult times.

We are also incredibly thankful for the amazing progress I have made in recent months and for the dedication of my fantastic therapy, nursing and medical team. With everyone's help, I am becoming the amazing, adorable, wonderful, cute, funny, happy and determined lil' man that I was destined to be!

And who knows, maybe next year I can even try some turkey. Now wouldn't that be exciting!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turkey next year would be exciting and amazing. Here's to next year Max.

Crystal M. said...

Thats so great Max!! We love you and heres to many more years at home for the holidays!!