Monday, July 24, 2006

AND GOD SAID "NO"

Max and I have enjoyed many special visitors this past week...so wonderful! I absolutely love to show off my miracle man! I promise to post photos soon.

Our Sunday included a very special guest from our stay at Children's. Remember Jacob? He was the cute lil' guy that was at the hospital with Maxwell. After eight months of struggling with complications due to his prematurity, Jacob passed away the day before Max's heart surgery. His discharge was only two weeks away, so his death was quite sudden and unexpected.

Thea (his wonderful mommy) and I have kept in touch and she is always cheering on Maxwell and his accomplishments. We talked and talked...and of course many tears were shed as we reminisced our son's traumatic yet courageous battles with their health issues.

Thank you Thea for making the long drive and for the super cute present! You are a good friend and I am blessed to have you in our lives!

Thea shared this poem with us and I wanted to share with you. It really touched my heart.


And God Said "NO"

I asked God to take away my pride,
And God said "No".
He said it was not for him to take away,
But for me to give up,
I asked God to make my handicapped child whole,
And God said "No".
He said his spirit is whole,
His body is only temporary.
I asked God to give me patience,
And God said "No".
He said that patience is a byproduct of tribulation.
It isn't granted, it's earned.
I asked God to give me happiness,
And God said "No".
He said that He gives us blessings;
Happiness is up to me.
I asked God to spare me pain.
And God said "No".
He said that suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
And brings you closer to me.
I asked God to make my spirit grow,
And God said "No".
He said I must grow on my own,
But He will prune me to make me fruitful.
I asked God if he loves me,
And God said "Yes".
He gave me His only son who died for me.
And I will be in Heaven someday because I believe.
I asked God to help me love others,
As much as he loves me.
And God said,
"Ah, finally you have the idea".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok monkey boy..you made me cry. that does it. I guess I wasn't that far from it. I love ya.
ang

Lori said...

Good stuff....
love,
Lori