Monday, August 07, 2006

POSSIBLE SEIZURES

Yep, Max is at it again. The past few weeks his twitches and "absent" spells have increased and that certainly has me worried and questioning. And more troubling is that several of his therapists have noticed it recently too.

And today at play group (field trip to the beach!) , one of the teachers also noticed it. No one knows for sure what these "episodes" are, but they are concerning.

I put calls into our PCP and our team at Children's. Last week I talked with our PCP about it and he didn't seem overly worried since the initial EEG appeared normal. However, I have learned from other CHARGE parents that some of the tests can be misleading and give false hope. So we are pushing for a neurology consult and gain their insight. I am trying to take it in stride and not freak out too much, but this is one issue I was soooooo hoping we could avoid.

2 comments:

RebeccaA said...

Amy,

I don't have any experience with this kind of thing regarding Cameron. But I know you will push things through until you find answers for Max.

Love,
Rebecca
Cameron and Nathan's mom
BTW, were you able to open the picture of Cameron I sent? :>)

Anonymous said...

I'm saying prayers for you girl!!and Maxwell!!