Wednesday, September 07, 2005

AND YET ANOTHER FEVER...

Unfortunately Max's day did not improve. He spiked yet another fever of 103 and was very much in discomfort. The doctors are quite confused on what is going on and how to treat my lil' guy. Because of the repeat high fever, they had to do another spinal tap today and it took four tries this time. Additionally his IV went bad and they had to start another one in his scalp. So far tests show no infection, which is great...but then confuses the doctors even further.

On a personal note, my foot/ankle continued to get worse throughout the day so we went to the doctor who thought it was broken. So the gang (Eliz and her two kids) and I then went to the hospital for the Xray. On a funny note, Jackson lost it when we started to leave because he wanted to go to yet another hospital! He is starting to learn that hospitals can be fun (when you are not a patient) because of all the toys. He loves to visit Max because of the huge playroom at Children's! Fortunately the initial reading indicates nothing broken but they are having a radiologist review in the morning. Felt like Maxwell getting my Xray...he's had one a day for the past week because of his feeding tube moving...yikes! He is such a trooper.

So tomorrow Eliz and the gang and I are heading to Children's to spend the day with Maxwell. I can't get around very easily by myself so this will make the trip much easier.

Off to make my hourly check in call with Max's nurse...hopefully there is better news this time.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Hey Amy,

I hope your ankle is feeling better today. At the very least, I'm glad it's allowing you to spend sometime with Eliz and the boys. If you are feeling down, just have Jackson tell you another knock-knock joke!

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. Please let us know when the docs figure out what's causing Max's fever.

Take care of yourself!!
Drew