Sunday, October 02, 2005

A SPECIAL PRAYER

For inspiration and renewal of my hope and faith, I visit the church chapel several times a week...sometimes a few visits a day. It's a quiet getaway where I can just think about all that is happening and how Max and I are going to get through it.

There is a large book that families can write their prayers in and I always include a few words of praise for God and some prayers for sweet lil' Maxwell. One such day I was writing and thinking of Max and how unfair this all is to him...WHY did he get a "shell" with so many issues? (I differentiate his "shell" from his spirit, which allows me to be frustrated with CHARGE but not with his wonderful being.) I was writing a prayer on the right side of the book, and I happened to glance over at the left and there was a note that caught my attention...and definitely made an impact.

It read: "I love you Jesus. Thank you for all that you have blessed me with. Love, Max."

Wow, just writing those words still grab my heart as it did a few days ago. Most prayers in the book are long and wordy, but not this one. And none had the impact of these precious few words.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

Tears came to my eyes as I read what Max had wrote to God. Signs are all around us we just have to look. I hope that brought you some strength.

Love
Rebecca