Saturday, November 19, 2005

POSSIBLE NISSEN COMPLICATIONS

Max has been having some vomiting in recent days, as well as increased secretions. A few days ago they thought it was he was experiencing withdrawl because they were attempting to wean some of his sedation. However, the signs are different this time, which leads the team to suspect there may be something wrong with his Nissen (the wrapping of the stomach around the esophagus to prevent reflux/vomiting). That was the surgery about a month ago.

They are doing an Xray on Maxwell this afternoon. They may need a surgery consult on it as well which won't be able to happen probably until Monday. This MAY cause yet another delay in the heart surgery...but I am keeping my hope that we are still on for Tuesday. We'll see what Maxwell says!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Amy, this is quite a waiting game for you and sweet baby Max...I'm really, really, really hoping that all goes as planned for Tuesday, but Maxwell knows when the timing is right.

A nissen? I've never heard that term before (I guess a semester of bio doesn't really go that far)! You certainly have earned your medical degree by now darlin'!

Praying that the Xray shows good news.

Love you both,
Steph

Dylan (and Kristy) said...

I'm sorry to hear about the setbacks. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We will add Carson and Jacob as well. Let me know if anyone needs anything. We'll be down later this month and I'd be happy to deliver.

Love,
Kristy, Ray, and Dylan