Thursday, July 13, 2006

A REQUEST PLEASE :)

I have so greatly appreciated everyone's support in this divorce...I truly, truly appreciate your love, support and ongoing prayers. It has been an incredibly difficult period in my life, and I don't know what I would have done without my family, friends and faithfulness of God.

On particularly rough days, this blog has been helpful to share my frustration with my family and friends. I think it is very important for everyone to understand the latest in this crazy divorce, because how much it directly impacts Maxwell and his future. (If only the ex and his attorney could understand that too!)

So while on occasion I might mention the divorce (which hopefully is resolved sooner than later) and related financial issues, I don't want it to be a focus. I really don't want to read every day about how much everyone hates my ex. (Notice that I never even use his name in my blog.) Perhaps if everyone could just limit their comments on my ex to when the subject is actually on the divorce?

I love reading about how much you love my son, I love reading about how adorable Maxwell is, I love how proud you are of his accomplishments. I love all of that! And I do love when you send comments of encouragement about the divorce...that really does help me too! :)

But with our divorce already being so disastrous, I don't really want to make it any worse with constant hateful remarks about my ex. I know his behavior can be infuriating , trust me...I know! But there is no point in commenting over and over again about how terrible he is. We all know the truth...he has some serious issues. But that is not what this blog is about. I want the focus of the blog to be on Mighty Max and his miraculous will to live and thrive! :)

I hope I haven't offended anyone with this request. I do greatly appreciate your support...but let's just simmer down the angry feelings a bit! Thanks so much!!!

* I will make one exception though! We have another divorce hearing this Tuesday the 18th and if my ex husband and his attorney continue on as they have (trying to reduce our income, minimizing the needs of Maxwell, etc.), then trust me I will be venting and you are free to vent too!!! But hopefully we will be successful in explaining the situation and the judge will do what is in the best interest of Maxwell. I simply won't allow anything less....no ifs, ands or buts! No one is going to limit my son's potential...no one!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy does this mean you and max have to fly to WV again or can this be done via phone?

I hope that you will not have to travel considering little poop is still recovering from his last go around.

Sending prayers up for a positive outcome.

love to you and Maxwell.
((((AMY))))((((MAX)))

Ang

Unknown said...

I LOVE the new little circle on the right with changing pics of Mighty Max! Is that new or am I just getting so old it takes me awhile to notice things? hahaha...

Diane said...

I apologize for any comment Amy. Please delete my post. Thanks so much. Appreciate it.

Diane

Heather said...

Amen, Sistah!

Unknown said...

Of course us gals don't think all men are like Vic...that would just make things seem hopeles! :)
Hugs to Amy and Max....

Dylan and Family said...

Amy,

Are you flying out to WV? If so, let me know if there is anything I can do for you while you are away.

Give Max a hug for us. Hope his bug is on the mend.

Love ya.

Kristy (and Dylan)

T Moss said...

As frustrating as the situation can be, perhaps if we all prayed that Max's father would understand the seriousness of his son's illness and the time, effort and cost involved in his care, and that he will just do God's will, we can make a difference in the outcome.....Love and Prayers to all parties involved.

RebeccaA said...

Amy,

Nicely put. You have such incredible restraint. I can only guess that it's your love for Max and your faith in God that gives you the grace to keep your feelings in check.

Rebecca
Cameron and Nathan's mom