Thursday, June 15, 2006

WEIGHT GAIN...FINALLY!!! YAY!

We went to the doctor's yesterday to get a weight on Max and FINALLY we got some good news! My lil' man gained 10 ounces in the last few weeks, which brings him to a solid 14 pounds, 10 ounces. GO MAX GO! We have been really working on this issue...but having to be pretty careful as to not overload his lungs and heart with too much fluid. (He still is on several diuretics to help with this issue too.)

He still is only wearing 3 - 6 month clothing size, but perhaps before you know it...he just might move on to the next size! We have been in this category for a looooooong time, so that will be fun.

After his appointment, he was still doing pretty good so we made a quick stop at the Gap to take advantage of some gift certificates he received for his birthday. (And they were having some great sales so it was perfect timing!) Wow, wait until you see him in his new clothes! He is getting to look like such a big boy. He officially has his first pair of jeans, and his lil' baby butt looks soooo cute in them! :)

But of course I received many confused looks from cashiers and fellow shoppers when they asked how old he was but then they noticed what size I was buying. (We are still in the "newborn" section.) I just quickly explained that he has a "few medical issues." Yep, just a few. One was a new mom and I didn't want to stress her with all that "could" happen to a baby...no need to add to her worry list.

I will try and post some photos this week of Max sporting his new ensembles...super, super, super cute! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news on the weight gain Amy. Keep it up Max!

Hannah said...

Your little boy is precious and sounds like a fighter!

Thanks for the link, although I wasn't trying to compete with anyone. I was just writing about my frustration. Of course things can always be worse, but that doesn't mean I can't be upset about my situation. I thank God every day that's she healthy and I pray that your precious son continues to do so well. :-)

Hannah said...

Disregard my last comment. I thought you were the person who commented on my blog. I guess they left your link, but it wasn't you. Sorry for the mix-up. Your little boy is adorable. I can't wait for my daughter to use her Bumbo seat. Her head is still wobbly though, so she's not quite ready.