Sunday, October 22, 2006

PLAYTIME IN THE PARK!

We had such a fun afternoon today...my first REAL playtime in a park!

This was also my first time really enjoying an outdoor swing. At first I was quite hesitant to touch the swing...that rubber is a weird texture. But Mommy kept trying and trying, and finally I got the hang of it and away we went!

I have practiced swinging with my OT and PT during our sessions, because it is helpful for my vestibular input and my core strength and balance. But this time was JUST for fun! (Ok Mom did make me do some PT moves...but she did it all while making silly faces so I still thought it was fun!)


Check this out, I'm touching the swing!


















Yippee!!! Look at me!!!


















That was fun Mom! Let's do it again!














Aunt Elizabeth and cousin Thomas were with us too...that was great! We are always amazed with Tom Tom...he is so big, strong and adventurous! What an inspiration for me!

Here we are chillin' in our swings.














Tom Tom was walking all around the park. He even walked up these very steep stairs to the slide...all by himself!















Look at me standing...this is my favorite thing to do.












Oh and how can I forget my first big slide? So cool! We were going so fast, Aunt Eliz barely got me in the photo!







And this was a perfect swing for me and Mommy. Good time to cuddle!










With all of that excitement, I am wiped out! Time for a nappy nap!


7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Looks like you had a great time in the park. And Mommy had fun too. Loved all the pictures.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow Max. Hope the tests don't tire you out too much.

Love & Prayers,
Carolyn

Diane said...

What a lucky little boy to have such a wonderful mommy. God knew exactly who to give Mighty Max to. He is such a happy little guy to be so sick. He makes me thank God every day for his "inner" strength. I love this kiddo. What an inspiration to all of us. Tom Tom is adorable too.

Alex and I will be praying for you as you take all your tests. Hang in there and show them you are definitely going to live up to your name.

Love,
Diane and Alex

Jennifer said...

Oh, Amy - what a great day you had!! Hope enjoying that bit of time with Max and family members, gives you the strength and what you need to make it through the next few days in Seattle. You two are a beautiful family.

Hugz

jennifer

Anonymous said...

Love those pictures. It looks like everyone had a great time..Who was having more fun...Mommy? Aunt Liz? Tom Tom? or Max? Oh Boy!!

Prayers be with you tomorrow and Tuesday. Much love.

Mike said...

Kathy and I (and little Tom, too) keep up on all of the hard work you're doing, and we're all very impressed. He's come such a long way, Amy. Your dedication to little Max is incredible. What a cute kid!

Diane said...

This kiddo is just too darn cute. Way too cute. LOL!!

Sherri said...

I have been following you and Max's story for a long time now. I live in Ellensburg, near Evan however I don't know Evan either, but I know his friend across the street, McKenzie. So I guess I ran across your blog via McKenzie's.

I love to read about all the triumps in Max's life. All those little milestones that you've work SO hard to get to. And I pray for both of you when Max is having a down time. You are an inspiration to all of us mother's. You should be proud of the wonderful job you are doing with Max.

I will keep reading and keep praying!! Max needs every cheerleader he can get, even if I never meet you and Max I know that my prayer for you both are heard.

Keep up the great work.

Sherri